In every game there are different ways to play and different rules. Basket ball rules were first profounded by James Naismith on January 15, 1892 but there is lot of changes in it now. It is not a contact sport. In this article will guide you how to avoid fowls and make your game more fowless.
Basket Ball: How to Stop Fouling and Play Smarter
Types of Foul
The rules are limit of five fouls (or six fouls in the National Basketball Association) .Foul can be distinguished in two ways
- Technical Foul: A technical foul is applicable to player, coach or team when they commit an infraction of the game’s administrative rules these fouls generally do not involve live-ball infractions, but can be applied if there is a physical contact between two opponents during a dead ball situation.
- Personal Foul: It is a fowl when player involves illegal contact with an opponent while ball is live. If offender done same thing five times it means if player has five fouls it consider as disqualified from game.
Personal fouls can be Blocking Foul, Holding Foul, Hand Check Foul and Illegal Hand Use. Push etc.
Mainly all Basketball players keep in mind that regulations discourage rough or overly aggressive play, but there is no official ban on physical contact, Players can contact out of court.
Correlation between life and Basket Ball
Basket ball learning is not restricted only to coach but it is used and inspired by human behaviour also. We have to keep few points or we can say learning which we use in our life also.
- Every game should be played with determination and dedication. We cannot leave any game in between. Many players faced adversity while playing and unavoidable situation but real heroes are those who know how to fight in worst situation also by his /her hard work and dedication towards game.
- Many time player loss their control and play aggressively which may increase their chances of increase in rates of adversity. In personal life also when we continuous face challenges we lost our temperament that’s why player should be motivated and control his/her activity and play smoothly to win.
- Since players are physically, mentally and spiritually beaten, many players quit from game. But player should not quit rather learn from every situation and learn strategy to win.
On Professional level we can quote Winning is the only thing but not everything. However, on all other levels of the game giving your best effort is of the utmost importance. Players can learn important lesson of playing through adversity from this great game.
No matter how many times you get knocked down, you are only beaten so when you fail to get up.
From above discussion we can say it is of utmost important that players learn to play through adversity and never worry about the things they cannot control. Players should be taught to never allow a bad play affects their performance and concentration. They should be persistent in performance in that situation also when they run out of time as they will be the winners, regardless of the score because they given their best.
How to Defend Without Fouling?
This question is very essential for players as fouls are part of game but how to minimize fouls is must. Here are few ways in which fouls can be defended.
- Give your opponents fewer free-throw attempts
- Fouling often “bails-out” the offensive player
- Not fouling keeps your best players on the floor
Advantages of not Fouling
One of the best advantage of not fouling is players are not pressurised for number of fouls and can play aggressive defence at the end of the game as they have their best player till end to score more in last moment also.